When it comes to meatless Monday meals, I sometimes struggle with finding recipes that are filling enough to be called a dinner, but are also exciting. The inspiration for this recipe came from a Tasty video I watched about 5 different ways to make meatless tacos. One of the taco ideas was a buffalo cauliflower taco.
I am not a huge fan of cauliflower so I was skeptical at first, but I love anything buffalo, so I figured “cauliflower can’t be that bad when drenched in buffalo sauce…right?” Watching the video I thought to myself, I can easily make this buffalo cauliflower, but I wanted to do something different than tacos. Then it hit me. PIZZA.
The cauliflower part of the recipe was inspired by Tasty, and the taco version can be found here: Meatless Tacos 5 Ways
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 stalks celery
- ¼ cup Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a bowl, add flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and milk, and stir to combine.
- Add cauliflower florets into the bowl with the flour and milk mixture. Stir to coat the cauliflower.
- Transfer cauliflower to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and brush it with buffalo sauce and place back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- While the cauliflower bakes, roll out pizza dough to desired shape and size and place on a baking sheet drizzled with olive oil (or a pizza stone if you have one).
- When the cauliflower is done baking, bake the crust at 475 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until firm and starting to brown on the edges.
- Remove the crust from the oven and top with mozzarella cheese and cauliflower. Bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- While the pizza finishes baking, run a vegetable peeler down the celery stalks to create ribbons.
- When the pizza is finished baking drizzle it with the rest of the buffalo sauce and top with celery ribbons. Finish the pizza with a drizzle of Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing and serve.